You can use BusinessBecause:
- Before your MBA - to research business schools, read MBA admissions tips and message current students and admissions directors
- During your MBA - to connect with other business students in your city or across the world, build a professional online resume and apply for jobs
- After your MBA - to message recruiters, connect with fellow alumni at interesting companies and stay in touch with business school news
Our news stories
We publish journalism about trends in the business school world, the issues facing MBA students and applicants, MBA careers, MBA entrepreneurs, humorous pieces about campus life and a popular weekly "Inside View" interview series with MBA employers.
We also gauge sentiment from across the b-school community via thought-provoking research, such as our recent competition asking MBAs to predict the future.
We have three full time journalists (in Chicago, London and Lagos) as well as 20 part-time contributing writers dotted around the world.
Our editorial is built on a concept of "community journalism" - we cover personalities and institutions who are part of our community and always try to "tag" people in stories so that you can "meet" the people you read about!
Right now, some of our stories are sponsored content and feature our partner schools. We do this to pay the bills, as we're a self-funded start-up on a limited budget. Read the stories and hopefully you'll agree that they're not shameless puff pieces, and they're informative and well-written.
BusinessBecause launched in late-2009 as the first "niche network" connecting business students, employers, business school applicants and business schools around the world. Our aim was to cover fascinating, people-focused stories and to provide useful information on choosing a b-school (e.g. Why MBA, MBA rankings) and finding a job.
In the last three years we've steadily grown in to a vibrant community where members share information with each other and use the network to build valuable career connections internationally. BusinessBecause.com now has 20,000 members worldwide and more than 100,000 monthly visitors.
Get in touch
Comments and feedback on content, user-friendliness and functionality are welcome. The best way to get in touch is to message us via the site, we usually respond within a few hours. To find out more about how we work with business schools or employers please message Kate or Sian. If you have a story idea or you're interested in becoming a contributing writer, message Maria.
We also pick up emails at firstname.lastname@example.org
BusinessBecause in the press
Here are some press articles in which BusinessBecause has been mentioned. For a full list, check out our 'Press Coverage' album on Facebook
- Global Market Information Review - May 2013 - Global Networking for MBAs
- CityAM - Mar 2013 - Networking is now going niche
- The Telegraph - Feb 2013 - Why MBA? How an MBA Can boost your employability
- The Independent - Apr 2011 - A Better View from Abroad
- The Guardian - Apr 2011 - Masters of the Web
- The Times MBA Supplement - Feb 2011 - You do not have to travel halfway across the world to network
- The Financial Times - Mar 2010 - Angel Funding
- The Financial Times - Mar 2010 - Social Networking - Schools Struggle to Balance Openness with Control