The Bradford MBA News
Bradford MBA Offers £17,000 Scholarships!
Six scholarships worth £17,000 each are available to self-funded or part-funded students on the Bradford MBA
posted on: 04/19/2013 | No comment
Songs That Get MBA Students Through The Day (And Night!)
MBAs tell us what tracks get them through the early morning starts and crazy nights out: feel good t…
posted on: 03/22/2013 | 1 comment
Why MBA: Bradford University School of Management
German mechanical engineer and technology entrepreneur Metin Zerman has joined Bradford to help brin…
posted on: 02/25/2013 | 1 comment
Bradford MBA Attains Coveted Triple Accreditation
Accreditation has become a vital part of ensuring quality and only a handful of business schools are…
posted on: 01/22/2013 | No comment
What Do MBAs Want For Christmas? Some Unexpected Treats!
Super energy and hard-earned cash is what these MBAs want from Santa as they rush to hit their sales…
posted on: 12/19/2012 | 1 comment
The Bradford MBA in detail...
We offer MBA students the choice of a number of different routes and study modes, with the flexibility to switch between them during the programme.
MBA in the UK - 12 months (September)
- MBA in Perugia, Italy - 12 months including guaranteed work placement with Italian company (September)
- Accelerated MBA in the UK - 10 months (January)
Executive MBA in the UK - 24 months taught in residential block modules plus four month in-company project (September)
- Executive MBA in Dubai - 2 ½ years taught in block modules (September)
- Executive MBA in Manila - 2-6 years (January, April, July or September)
Distance Learning MBA - 2-6 years (January, April, July or September)
- The Bradford Innovation, Enterprise & the Circular Economy MBA (Distance Learning) - 2-6 years (July, January)
The Bradford Full-time 12 month MBA in the UK is our most popular MBA programme and attracts students from all over the world.
It is based at the Bradford campus with the option of taking modules in other locations across the global campus. As a Full-time MBA student based in Bradford you'll benefit from immersing yourself in your studies and mixing with the School’s international community of students, staff and alumni. You also have easy access to all our facilities, support services and resources on campus – as well as regular opportunities to meet and network with local businesses and organisations.
All MBA programmes are made up of three stages:
- Core modules – designed to help you get back in to learning and provide fundamental knowledge of management principles and theory
- Elective modules – provide an in-depth understanding of specialist topics that are essential and relevant to the contemporary commercial world. Students choose those that are of most interest or greatest career benefit
- Management project – enables you to put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the programme to practical use on a relevant management issue
We use a variety of learning and teaching approaches, including lectures, case analysis, group work, individual and group problem solving research. Assessment is by a combination of written examinations, assignments, group projects and presentations.
Watch our MBA Video
Not ready for an MBA? Want to do something more specialist? Already have an MBA and want to take things one step further? We also offer
- Undergraduate programmes in business, management, marketing, HR, accounting and finance and law
- MSc programmes in applied and specialist areas of management, finance, HR, marketing and law including those with a focus on sustainability, enterprise and operations
- A prestigious part time DBA research programme for senior managers from across the world
- Bespoke Executive Education programmes
Bradford Management Blog
In July 2013, Bradford University opens the doors of a new £6m building in the heart of the city campus. re:centre is an exciting and dynamic space, which aims to inspire the innovative design of pro…
posted on: 05/17/2013
Founded in 1963, later this year the School of Management will start our 50th anniversary celebrations. In times of austerity, it has been an interesting challenge to identify events and activities th…
posted on: 05/14/2013
When should business leaders step down? I discussed this very topic recently in an interview with Chris Bond for the Yorkshire Post, following Chris Hoy’s announcement of his decision to retire from…
posted on: 05/01/2013
Guest blogger Dr Jeff Overall, PhD graduate marketing ethics from Bradford University School of Management Anthony Jenkins arrived at Barclays to a great fanfare in January, saying he would make the …
posted on: 04/22/2013
To celebrate the university’s 50th anniversary next year, Bradford University School of Management is offering six MBA scholarships - worth over £17000 each - for just £2000
posted on: 04/15/2013
About Bradford University School of Management
Reputation and history
We are one of the oldest university-based business schools in the UK, offering management education at undergraduate, masters, MBA, Executive Education and PhD/DBA levels for almost 50 years. Ranked amongst the world’s top business schools, we have an international staff, alumni and student body and global campus.
Our range of MBA programmes attract senior managers from around the world. They are taught by world leading academics and are accredited by the 'triple crown' EQUIS, AMBA and the AACSB.
Alongside core modules in finance, marketing, operations and strategy, we offer electives in our specialist areas of expertise which include consumer behaviour, supply chain management, CSR, entrepreneurship, e-business, advanced HRM and change management . There is a strong focus on sustainability and business ethics throughout our teaching and research.
Our self-contained parkland campus is in a leafy suburb of the city. It features several listed historical buildings and new state-of-the-art sustainable facilities for teaching, learning and socialising, including an Ethical Trading Room! The Global Campus is our hub for international students and stakeholders – providing access to the School, its programmes and a truly unique student experience, regardless of where you choose to study.
Whether you are based on our Bradford campus, at one of our global campus locations or learning independently as a distance learning student, you have face to face and online access to our dedicated careers service and effective learning resources. As well as guest lectures and opportunities to meet alumni we will help you find internships, placements and jobs and provide one to one mentoring and support.
*The New Ehical Trading Room*
As featured in The Times MBA Supplement, Bradford has a new Ethical Trading room using Industry-standard software Thompson Reuters-Eikon as well as a simulation software called Financial Trading System enabling students to practise dealing in real-time equities, bonds, foreign exchange and derivative instruments. Read more here!
The Bradford MBA Twitter
Follow @BradManagement on Twitter
Bradford News and Events
Statistics for Business
posted on: 05/20/2013
Management Information Systems
posted on: 05/20/2013
posted on: 05/08/2013
posted on: 05/21/2013
Manufacturing Systems and Supply Chain Design
posted on: 05/20/2013
posted on: 04/11/2013
6.15pm arrival, for 6.30pm start
posted on: 05/17/2013
The Bradford MBA Facts
Get free information about Bradford University School of Management
The Bradford MBA Members
- Class size: 80
- International student percentage: 92
- Female percentage: 27
- Scholarships available: 11
- Employed Graduates % (after 3 months): 91
- Course Fee: GBP £19,950
- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Accredited: AASCB AMBA EQUIS
- Average years in work: 3
- Number of nationalities: 16
Thinking about doing an MBA?
If you want to take your career and are thinking about doing an MBA, we have a range of different programmes to suit your needs!
However, doing an MBA is about more than the couse itself. You can get an insight into what life is like as a Bradford MBA student and what your career prospects will look like by browsing the MBA student and alumni profiles and campus videos on our website, subscribing to our blog, following us on Twitter, liking our Facebook page and joining our LinkedIn group for prospective MBA students.
All applications are considered on their individual merits according to both professional experience and academic achievement. Applicants must have
- At least 3 years postgraduate work experience (5 years for Executive MBA and 8 years for those with no formal academic qualifications)
- Evidence of numeracy and literacy competences eg. satisfactory GMAT
- An approved test in English if it is not the applicant’s first language
Applications are considered as they are presented and so it is advisable to apply as soon as possible. You can apply online or download an application form to fill in and send back to us.
Fees and scholarships
Our MBA fees are as follows:
- Full Time MBA in the UK: GBP £19,950
- Accelerated MBA in the UK: GBP £22,450
- Full Time MBA in Italy: GBP £19,950
- Executive Modular MBA in the UK and Dubai: GBP £17,000
- Executive Modular MBA in Manila: GBP £11,500
- Distance Learning MBA: GBP £13,500
- Innovation, Enterprise and the Circular Economy MBA: GBP £13,500
MBA scholarships are awarded by both the School of Management and the main University of Bradford, which you can apply for once you are in receipt of a formal offer of acceptance on a course.
If you can't find what you're looking for here try using the search box at the top or check out the news section for hundreds of b-school stories.