MBA Rankings: Multi-Location Joint Programs Top 2014 EMBA Rankings
Executive MBA programs run jointly by multiple business schools have topped the latest MBA rankings, reflecting the globalization of the education market.
posted on: 10/20/2014 | No comment
MBA Rankings: US Dominates In 2014 But Europe Edges Into Top-Five
US business schools dominated the latest MBA rankings, but Europe has regained ground with two schoo…
posted on: 10/13/2014 | No comment
MBAs Become Founders As China Embraces Entrepreneurship
A flood of venture capital and angel investment is stirring China's entrepreneurship scene – sendi…
posted on: 10/12/2014 | No comment
Emerging Markets Overtake US And Weak Europe As Top MBA Employers
Emerging markets have overtaken the US and Europe as the leading MBA employers with the fastest grow…
posted on: 10/09/2014 | No comment
Western Business Schools Turn To China's MBA Market
Western business schools are flocking to China – a partially untapped MBA market. But there are co…
posted on: 09/18/2014 | No comment
CEIBS MBA in detail...
By delivering a solid business training and encouraging independent thought, team collaboration and open communication, CEIBS provides its graduates with the essential tools for success in many career paths. The full-time CEIBS MBA consists of 68 credits divided into compulsory courses (totalling 50 credits) and elective courses (18 credits).
In the first year of the program students take a mandatory curriculum that covers all business functions as well as communication, teamwork, cultural understanding, entrepreneurial mindset, and responsible leadership. In addition there is a mandatory China Module on issues like China’s HR challenges, China’s trade and political relations, China’s economic reform, and hot topics in China’s business environment. Our international students also must study Mandarin if they are not already fluent.
Our first-year students are assigned to work teams that are designed to maximum diversity in culture and functional knowledge. They complete a lot of team assignments, forcing them to come to grips with different values, work habits and decision styles of their classmates. The mandatory training on culture and teams helps them really develop their cultural sensitivities and competencies.
Two compulsory project courses -- Integrated Strategy Projects (ISP) and Responsible Leadership Projects (RLP) – put their skills to the test. The projects require strategic thinking, a problem-solving mindset, excellent communication and teamwork skills, and an ability to get the job done. The RLP projects focus on challenges of environmental and societal sustainability, particularly within the China context.
The ISP and RLP projects have attracted great attention and strong support from the business community, given their relevance to the major challenges faced by firms operating globally today. Several of our student projects have made their way into the boardrooms of major MNCs, influencing firm-level thinking about the path forward in these challenging times. Word is getting out that CEIBS students are equipped to address these challenges in innovative yet practical ways.
Outside the classroom, students are very active in club activities, international forums, and seminars hosted by the school. These activities allow the students to expand their scope of knowledge as well as their professional communities.
China Focus: Effective 2009, four new elements were added to the MBA curriculum.
- Basic Chinese language competency became compulsory for foreign students in order to improve their marketability in China’s dramatically growing economy.
- For the first time ever, 'China HR' was added to the list of compulsory courses. This ensures that CEIBS graduates are equipped to handle this most difficult aspect of managing in the Chinese marketplace.
- Another new compulsory course, 'China Within the World,' emphasizes important economic, political, cultural and trade issues that impact those who do business in and with China.
- Finally, the school dedicates significant resources to staging 'China Discovery Week' each year - an intensive lecture series exploring contemporary issues in China business.
Flexibility and Choice: CEIBS' current MBA curriculum gives you the flexibility to personally tailor the second year of your studies. Take as few as 18-credits of elective courses. Spend the summer months participating in:
- Elective courses
- Employment Internship
- Language Immersion
- Break from studies to pursue personal goals
Teaching Methods: Although teaching methods vary by subject, lectures and case studies come alive thanks to our professors' extensive experience in the business world. Many cases are selected from top schools such as Harvard Business School; others are taken from CEIBS’ own pool of China-specific cases written by faculty and staff of the Case Development Centre.
Language Courses: In the first academic year, CEIBS MBA students can choose from among a list of non-credit language courses offered free of charge:
Inside the CEIBS MBA
About China Europe International Business School
One of CEIBS’ most significant features is its clear China focus, encapsulated in our positioning statement: "China Depth, Global Breadth'. CEIBS teaches the most advanced international business theories while attaching great importance to the practical application of these skills in China.
"We understand more about China than any other international business school and we understand more about global business then any other Chinese business school. As the longest running, largest, top-ranked business school in main land china, CEIBS brings innovative Asian perspectives to the global challenges facing managers and leaders." Professor John.A.Quelch, Vice President and Dean.
CEIBS Application Information
Application for entry into the August 2013 class is based on a 'round' admission system. The final third round application deadline for admission is Mar. 25, 2013. As the programme is highly competitive, applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Application Essay Questions:
- Why are you seeking to pursue your MBA study at this moment of your life in relation to your short-term and long-term career goals? Explain how an MBA from CEIBS will contribute to these goals. (500 words)
- Choose one of the following two questions: Describe your most significant work-related achievement and explain why you view it as such or Describe a difficult situation where you demonstrated leadership skills to achieve a positive outcome. (400 words)
- Choose one of the following two questions: Describe a professional failure and what were the lessons learned? or Describe a situation where your values, ethics or morals were challenged and how did you handle the situation. (400 words)
- (Optional) Is there any other information that you believe would be helpful to the MBA Admission Committee in evaluating your application?(200 words). Re-applicants are suggested to describe the progress you have made since your previous application.
Find out more about the application process or apply online click below:
CHINA EUROPE INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS SCHOOL
Get free information about China Europe International Business School
- FT Ranking: 17
- Economist Ranking: 83
- Applicants Per Year: 680
- Class size: 201
- International student percentage: 43
- Female percentage: 30
- Scholarships available: 11
- Course length (months): 18
- Employed Graduates % (after 3 months): 94
- Salary increase percentage: 150
- Average GMAT: 600
- Course Fee: For Chinese (including Taiwan, HK and Macau) participants: RMB 258000 For international participants: USD48,000
- Application Deadline: November (February, April)
- Accredited: EQUIS
- Aspen Inst Ranking: 70
- Cost per Application: USD 150
- Average age: 28
- Average years in work: 5.3
- Number of nationalities: 21
Minimum Application requirements
- Bachelor Degree and above
- 2 years work experience and above
- GMAT score (600+)
- English Competency
CEIBS provides scholarships to selected outstanding candidates. Most scholarships are merit-based. Unless stated otherwise, all scholarships are available to both Chinese and international students.
Scholarships available for first year students:
- CEIBS Excellence Scholarship
- CEIBS Merit Scholarship
- CEIBS Women Leadership Scholarship
- CEIBS Entrepreneurship Scholarship
- CEIBS Young Talent Scholarship
See the full list of scholarships available to first and second year students here, as well as information about other options to help you fund your MBA at CEIBS.
CEIBS MBA Clubs
Arts & Culture
If you can't find what you're looking for here try using the search box at the top or check out the news section for hundreds of b-school stories.