Why MBAs Have The Bandwidth To Go The Distance In Tech
Microsoft's former CEO Steve Ballmer told MBAs this week that the majority of tech companies will fail. But it is not deterring MBAs entrepreneurs, who have the perfect skill-set for the tech sector.
posted on: 03/08/2014 | No comment
MBA Entrepreneurship: Running Start-Ups While In Management Jobs
Some MBAs aren't content with one business path. EMLYON graduate Sihong Yan runs a tourism start-up …
posted on: 02/28/2014 | 1 comment
Why An MBA Is Still Your Route To The World's Top Boardrooms
If you want to climb the corporate ladder and land a top MBA job, b-school is your best bet. Almost …
posted on: 01/25/2014 | No comment
EMLYON MBA Turns Tech Entrepreneur After Winning Start-Up Competition
Grant Gudgel knows how the entrepreneurial game works. After an EMLYON MBA, start-ups are his field …
posted on: 01/16/2014 | No comment
SME Profile: Rue Marcellin
Rue Marcellin sells vintage posters and prints in the eCommerce sector. Founder and EMLYON MBA Paul …
posted on: 12/19/2013 | No comment
Courses at EMLYON
About EMLYON Business School
EMLYON Business School is arguably the number one European school for studying a specialized Entrepreneurship MBA. The slogan "Educating Entrepreneurs for the world" says it all. The syllabus is a cleverly designed mesh of taught theory combined with simulation games, case studies and project based seminars - designed to keep the hyperactive mind of an entrepreneur engaged.
EMLYON can also pride themselves on maintaining an international student body and the associated excellent networking opportunities that most MBA students list as an important benefit of doing an MBA.
Although the course is taught entirely in English, international students can learn or improve their French in the Language Centre.
EMLYON has been educating entrepreneurial leaders since 1972, it's triple accredited and has achieved a ranking within the top 100 in the world it has campuses in Geneva and Shanghai as well as Lyon - and it has achieved all of this while maintaining incredibly low year group sizes. EMLYON truly gives it's students the personal touch, time and attention they need to develop their ideas and businesses.
EMLYON Essay Questions
- Give a detailed description of your personality. Please include those characteristics which up to now and according to you, have been the most useful, and those which you consider as drawbacks.
- What are some facts and actions (either professional demonstrate your degree of commitment?
- What is the most difficult decision you have ever taken?
- What is most important to you in life?
- Given your academic and professional record, what do you expect from the EM Lyon MBA?
Get free information about EMLYON Business School
- FT Ranking: 92
- Economist Ranking: 43
- Applicants Per Year: 124
- Applicants admitted percentage: 29
- Class size: 31
- International student percentage: 77
- Female percentage: 23
- Scholarships available: 1
- Course length (months): 12
- Employed Graduates % (after 3 months): 81
- Salary increase percentage: 69
- Average GMAT: 640
- Course Fee: EUR 35,900
- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Accredited: AACSB AMBA EQUIS
- Cost per Application: EUR 120
- Living Expenses: EUR 12,000 - 15,000
- Average age: 31
- Average years in work: 7
- Number of nationalities: 14
AKA: EMLYON, Lyon, France
General website: http://graduate.em-lyon.com/
IMBA website: http://www.em-lyon.com/imba
To apply for the International MBA program, you will need to provide the International Student Recruitment Office with:
A duly completed application booklet, acompanied by:
- English Proficiency Score
- 2 recommendation letters duly signed by two different referees
- Copy of your passport / identity card
- Copy of your most recent academic accomplishment
- 2 passport size photos
- 120€ non-refundable application fees
If you can't find what you're looking for here try using the search box at the top or check out the news section for hundreds of b-school stories.