Business Schools Bring FinTech Into The MBA Classroom
Business schools are rolling out classes in financial technology – as a surge in investment has al…
posted on: 09/23/2014 | No comment
Big Pharma Firms Prescribe Lucrative Management Careers For MBAs
MBAs can make their mark in the pharma and healthcare sectors. After a slump during the recession, t…
posted on: 04/10/2014 | No comment
Technology Casts A Cloud Over Automotive Sector – And MBA Jobs Are Aplenty
New technology is taking the automotive sector for a spin. MBAs say that there is huge job potential…
posted on: 03/22/2014 | No comment
A Land Of Opportunity: Business Schools Branch Out To Africa
African economies are growing stronger and demand for MBA programs has increased. Business schools h…
posted on: 02/19/2014 | No comment
The Truth Behind Economic Strength And MBA Jobs
MBA applications increase each year and the MBA Jobs market is tough. Does economic strength influen…
posted on: 01/18/2014 | No comment
The Nanyang MBA Blog
Last Friday, the Wine, Beer & Liqueur Appreciation Club finally organized its grand opening event: Red Wine Tasting and Etiquette.
posted on: 10/19/2014
After going kayaking the week before, many of us still had not had enough of the sea. Despite a rainy and cloudy weather forecast, we decided to try our luck at Sentosa beach.
posted on: 10/15/2014
After getting our brains fried by overdose of case studies, our MBA class was looking forward to a stress buster day at Pulau Ubin Island.
posted on: 10/08/2014
The Amazon Customer Excellence (ACE) challenge, organized by Amazon India, was held in two phases. In Round 1, 18 top business schools across Asia were invited to form teams to solve and submit three …
posted on: 10/02/2014
The Nanyang MBA participated in the Yellow Ribbon Prison Run held on 14 Sep 2014. Students and alumni have been highly encouraged to join this event, and we have been a regular participant for the pas…
posted on: 09/25/2014
The various MBA programs on offer at Nanyang
The NANYANG MBA is an intensive one (1) year global MBA that offers global perspective with an Asian focus. Join this challenging program that equips you with relevant and innovative business knowledge and skills- especially leading across cultures; from highly qualified academic faculty with relevant industry experience and C-level industry experts , and with a select group of diverse and high calibre talents in a diverse and multi cultural environment, right at the gateway to Asia, Singapore. Experience a personal and professional transformation that will enable you to take on leadership roles- anywhere in the world.
The Nanyang-Waseda Double MBA is an exceptional 14 month programme that combines the strengths of 2 top business schools in Asia. Studying in Singapore (8 months) and Japan (6 months) , you will earn 2 MBA degrees awarded by both universities. This unique programme will profoundly prepare you for a leadership career – with added emphasis on innovation.
Other Double Masters programs , where you earn an MBA and a Masters’ degree, are also available for 24 months where you study in two (2 ) locations – St Gallen in Switzerland and Essec in France.
About Nanyang Business School
The NANYANG MBA, ranked 32nd in the world by the FT (2013), has a new & more industry relevant 12 month curriculum including a strong focus on leading people globally over 2 trimesters, a Strategy project (SPAN) with an active company, plus a Business Study Mission (BSM), a choice of one-week trip to another country or in Singapore comprising seminars with site visits and interaction with both government and private institution experts, as well as meetings with members of business associations and consulting professionals.
NANYANG is the leading Singapore b-school in both FT & The Economist global MBA rankings. The city-state of Singapore has positioned itself as a regional hub for finance, research and innovation, and Nanyang’s analytical focus reflects this.
Monocle magazine recently ranked Singapore among the "Top 20 Most Liveable Cities" in the world. Famed for its cuisine and tropical gardens, the city is a great jumping-off point to know about business practices in Asia such as India, China, Vietnam and Thailand among others.
Sample Admissions Essay Questions
The NANYANG MBA Essay Questions:
- Briefly describe your involvement in any Social Responsibilty or Sustainable Development activities (150 words).
- What is the one thing in your professional life so far, that matters most to you? Explain why. (500 words)
- Immediately after graduation, in what role do you see yourself working? Why? How will your experiences help you achieve this goal? What skills or competencies would you like to obtain from The NANYANG MBA to help you achieve this goal? (600 words)
- Describe a time when you made a lasting impact on your organization or when you built/developed a team whose performance exceeded expectations. Tell us what you did and how you did it. Only describe experiences that have occured during the last three years. (300 words)
- Describe one problem in your current industry (or target industry after finishing your MBA) on which you hope to make a positive impact. Explain why this problem is meaningful to you and how will you promote efforts toward solving it. (600 words)
- Optional Is there any other information that you believe would help the MBA Admissions Committee better evaluate your application? (300 words)
The NANYANG MBA Application Deadlines
For the intake in August:
Round 1: 1 Oct - 31 Dec
Round 2: 1 Jan - 31 Mar
For more info on the application process for the NANYANG MBA click here
If you can't find what you're looking for here try using the search box at the top or check out the news section for hundreds of b-school stories.
Why not have a quick look at ESADE Business School
Get free information about Nanyang Business School
- FT Ranking: 38
- Economist Ranking: 64
- Applicants Per Year: 977
- Applicants admitted percentage: 16
- Class size: 177
- International student percentage: 83
- Female percentage: 27
- Course length (months): 12
- Employed Graduates % (after 3 months): 90
- Salary increase percentage: 129
- Average GMAT: 600
- Course Fee: USD 37,389
- Application Deadline: December (March)
- Accredited: EQUIS
- Cost per Application: USD 80
- Living Expenses: 14100
- Average age: 27
- Average years in work: 5
- Number of nationalities: 20