A Land Of Opportunity: Business Schools Branch Out To Africa
African economies are growing stronger and demand for MBA programs has increased. Business schools have duly responded, but there are more opportunities than simply financial gain and MBA jobs.
posted on: 02/19/2014 | No comment
The Truth Behind Economic Strength And MBA Jobs
MBA applications increase each year and the MBA Jobs market is tough. Does economic strength influen…
posted on: 01/18/2014 | No comment
MBA Sees Asia As Perfect Fit For Online Media Career
In higher numbers than ever, MBA applicants are turning to Asian business schools. Nanyang grad Kabe…
posted on: 01/11/2014 | No comment
In Pictures: How Asia Will Give Your Career A Competitive Advantage
In Pictures: BusinessBecause event at the Royal Institution in central London, with top Asian b-scho…
posted on: 12/04/2013 | No comment
Former ICAP COO Shares Key MBA Business Lessons For Asia
David Gelber may have reached the top in his 40-year finance career, but he wishes he had studied an…
posted on: 12/04/2013 | No comment
The Nanyang MBA Blog
By Jad Abou Ibrahim The Credit Suisse Asian MBA Football Tournament is a prestigious tournament that pits MBA teams from Asia’s top business schools. Held yearly, and organized by HKUST’s MBA stud…
posted on: 05/25/2013
By Claire Kwa It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, great for a breather and moments of relaxation. However some sacrificed this pocket of time for the opportunity to be introduced to Reiss profiling…
posted on: 04/30/2013
By Jenie Lago My life while taking the MBA at Nanyang is both busy and hectic. It is always nice to find time to take care of one’s health. A short run or walk can make a lot of difference. I ca…
posted on: 03/18/2013
By Stefanus Albert Wicaksono Fun, excitement and delicious runs through my mind upon hearing the words cultural celebration. During cultural celebrations, there will be games, art and most importantly…
posted on: 03/02/2013
By Rita Zhang The Nanyang MBA Culture Club and Women in Business Club successfully co-organized the 2013 Chinese New Year Party at Graduate Hall Lounge It was a wonderful festival celebration event th…
posted on: 02/28/2013
The various MBA programs on offer at Nanyang
The NANYANG MBA is an intensive one (1) year global MBA that offers global perspective with an Asian focus. Join this challenging program that equips you with relevant and innovative business knowledge and skills- especially leading across cultures; from highly qualified academic faculty with relevant industry experience and C-level industry experts , and with a select group of diverse and high calibre talents in a diverse and multi cultural environment, right at the gateway to Asia, Singapore. Experience a personal and professional transformation that will enable you to take on leadership roles- anywhere in the world.
The Nanyang-Waseda Double MBA is an exceptional 14 month programme that combines the strengths of 2 top business schools in Asia. Studying in Singapore (8 months) and Japan (6 months) , you will earn 2 MBA degrees awarded by both universities. This unique programme will profoundly prepare you for a leadership career – with added emphasis on innovation.
Other Double Masters programs , where you earn an MBA and a Masters’ degree, are also available for 24 months where you study in two (2 ) locations – St Gallen in Switzerland and Essec in France.
About Nanyang Business School
The NANYANG MBA, ranked 32nd in the world by the FT (2013), has a new & more industry relevant 12 month curriculum including a strong focus on leading people globally over 2 trimesters, a Strategy project (SPAN) with an active company, plus a Business Study Mission (BSM), a choice of one-week trip to another country or in Singapore comprising seminars with site visits and interaction with both government and private institution experts, as well as meetings with members of business associations and consulting professionals.
NANYANG is the leading Singapore b-school in both FT & The Economist global MBA rankings. The city-state of Singapore has positioned itself as a regional hub for finance, research and innovation, and Nanyang’s analytical focus reflects this.
Monocle magazine recently ranked Singapore among the "Top 20 Most Liveable Cities" in the world. Famed for its cuisine and tropical gardens, the city is a great jumping-off point to know about business practices in Asia such as India, China, Vietnam and Thailand among others.
Sample Admissions Essay Questions
The NANYANG MBA Essay Questions:
- Briefly describe your involvement in any Social Responsibilty or Sustainable Development activities (150 words).
- What is the one thing in your professional life so far, that matters most to you? Explain why. (500 words)
- Immediately after graduation, in what role do you see yourself working? Why? How will your experiences help you achieve this goal? What skills or competencies would you like to obtain from The NANYANG MBA to help you achieve this goal? (600 words)
- Describe a time when you made a lasting impact on your organization or when you built/developed a team whose performance exceeded expectations. Tell us what you did and how you did it. Only describe experiences that have occured during the last three years. (300 words)
- Describe one problem in your current industry (or target industry after finishing your MBA) on which you hope to make a positive impact. Explain why this problem is meaningful to you and how will you promote efforts toward solving it. (600 words)
- Optional Is there any other information that you believe would help the MBA Admissions Committee better evaluate your application? (300 words)
The NANYANG MBA Application Deadlines
For the intake in August:
Round 1: 1 Oct - 31 Dec
Round 2: 1 Jan - 31 Mar
For more info on the application process for the NANYANG MBA click here
Get free information about Nanyang Business School
- FT Ranking: 32
- Economist Ranking: 69
- Applicants Per Year: 977
- Applicants admitted percentage: 16
- Class size: 177
- International student percentage: 83
- Female percentage: 27
- Course length (months): 12
- Employed Graduates % (after 3 months): 90
- Salary increase percentage: 129
- Average GMAT: 600
- Course Fee: USD 37,389
- Application Deadline: December (March)
- Accredited: EQUIS
- Cost per Application: USD 80
- Living Expenses: 14100
- Average age: 27
- Average years in work: 5
- Number of nationalities: 20
Nanyang MBA Clubs
If you can't find what you're looking for here try using the search box at the top or check out the news section for hundreds of b-school stories.