Marketing and Communications Manager - Enterprise
- Blackbaud is the industry leading international software vendor specialising in CRM, fundraising software and SaaS products for not-for-profits. Blackbaud acquired Convio in May 2012.
- Developed and implemented first enterprise marketing strategy for not-for-profits with income of over £10 million/annum including marketing messages, communications plans, product development, alignment with corporate plans and programme evaluation.
- Coordinated all marketing plans with Enterprise sales team including reporting on lead generation, upcoming events and creating talking points for team to participate in marketing activities.
- Created and executed all multi-channel marketing plans for enterprise audience to agreed budget and on schedule resulting in a 24% in sales pipeline for 2013. Plans included direct mail, email, social media, PR and digital advertising.
- Led multi-channel marketing campaigns to senior B2B prospects including direct mail and email (quarterly networking events averaged a 24% email open rate and 4% click throughs).
- Set strategic direction for and repositioned Blackbaud CRM resulting in a 27% increase in visits to the Blackbaud CRM webpage. Also developed messaging for all Convio enterprise SaaS products.
- Responsible for budgeting, project costing, market forecasting and reporting on marketing analytics.
- Managed supplier relationships to produce marketing collateral and event materials including the print and design processes for printed materials, digital products and events collateral.
- Copy wrote and edited marketing materials, website content and thought leadership white papers.
- Created coordinated marketing plans with partner delivery organisations including Salesforce.
- Managed production of new Blackbaud website including supplier management and content creation.
Marketing and Communications Manager
- Convio was acquired by Blackbaud in May 2012. Convio is an international commercial SaaS fundraising software vendor and Salesforce partner specialising in CRM, cloud-based online fundraising software and services for not-for-profits.
- Launched Convio brand in UK market and built recognition through PR and engagement campaigns.
- Launched Convio products in the UK market including setting the strategic direction, creating the marketing strategy and implementing multi-channel product launch plans.
- Developed marketing messaging for Convio enterprise products including TeamRaiser and Luminate Online and mid-market product Common Ground. Led to a 17% increase in TeamRaiser inquiries.
- Implemented use of Salesforce to monitor marketing campaigns and lead generation.
- Planned and executed digital lead nurture and generation campaigns with average open rates between 17-21% to un-nurtured email lists and a 23.4% open rate for nurtured email lists.
- Implemented the use of Marketo (automated lead generation software) including designing the automated, trigger-based marketing campaigns, copy writing email messages and monitoring results.
- Organised contact data collection and increased available marketing data by 127%.
- Graphically designed product fact sheets, event invitations and promotional offers.
Marketing and Events Coordinator (Maternity contract)
National Council of Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)
- National Council of Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) membership organisation and umbrella body for UK not-for-profits.
- Created the first marketing strategy for NCVO’s trading arm and profit-making activities.
- Worked with key stakeholders to develop the first joint marketing and communications strategy.
- Produced agreed marketing and communications projects on time and to budget.
- Negotiated joint conference agendas, production terms and co-branding on advertising.
- Copy wrote and edited marketing collateral, monthly newsletters and quarterly publications.
- Managed the production of all events marketing collateral with external suppliers.
- Managed two budgets of more than £350,000 including forecasting and project costing.
- Advised internal staff and provided training on marketing best practices.
- Line managed Marketing and Events Officer and task managed Team Administrator.
- Updated the NCVO Annual Conference 2012 agenda to reflect market preferences resulting in a sold out event that trended on Twitter.
Marketing and Events Consultant (Short Term contract)
- Compact Voice, London, UK, organisation promoting the Compact, a voluntary working agreement between the government and the voluntary and community sector.
- Planned and executed a series of regional engagement events to build awareness of the Compact in the agreed budget and to schedule.
- Partnered with community and regional groups to develop content for and promote the event series.
Independent Market Research Consultant
Lancaster University Management School
- Lancaster University Management School
- Conducted quantitative and qualitative research on emerging Asian markets LUMS should enter.
Assistant Director of Communications and Marketing
Columbus School for Girls (CSG)
United States of America
- Columbus School for Girls (CSG), Columbus, Ohio USA, private all girls’ school raising more than $1,000,000 annually in unrestricted gifts and tuition of approximately $20,000 per annum.
- Served as interim Director of Communications and line managed communications team, volunteers, external contractors and internal staff on specified projects.
- Project managed marketing and communications projects for internal departments across all levels of the organisation on time and to budget.
- Created and executed multi-channel marketing plans for CSG Summer Programme with an increased attendance of 24% and a cost savings of $7,000.
- Led multi-channel fundraising campaigns including Annual Giving raising more than $1,000,000/year.
- Developed integrated marketing and communications plans for student recruitment leading to a 27% increase in admissions inquiries.
- Led PR engagement campaign to increase CSG’s coverage in local media.
- Managed department budget and negotiated overall cost savings of $20,000.
- Implemented the use of entirely digital school forms including encouraging product adoption, developing communications for parents and staff and trouble-shooting data upload.
- Launched, maintained and optimised school’s website and digital communications.
- Worked with key stakeholders including over 50 donor volunteers and three internal departments to produce Jubilee, an annual scholarship fundraiser raising more than $250,000.
- Managed office production calendar to adhere to internal staff deadlines and budget.
- Developed messaging for student recruitment marketing materials and major fundraising campaign materials. Result: 27% increase in admission inquiries and met fundraising targets.
- Managed relationships with suppliers (printers, design agencies, web agencies, mailing houses) including negotiating pricing, scheduling and resolving disagreements.
- Copy wrote and edited major fundraising appeals, admissions marketing collateral, weekly e-newsletters and quarterly alumnae publications.