Key Account Manager
Hoppecke Group Germany
- Hoppecke is the biggest auxiliary power systems manufacturer in Europe, providing power supply solutions to various industries from railway to nuclear and solar power plants across the world.
- Managed a portfolio of multinational railway key accounts including Bombardier, Siemens, Alstom and GE. Won big contracts including £20m 200km/h high speed trains and achieved annual sales revenue of £100m. Focused on developing long-term and strategic partnership with key accounts by providing a one stop solution from contract, project consultancy and high-quality customer service.
- In charge of railway project bid team for all major railway projects. Won 80% of bids by leading the team to optimize pricing strategy, clearly identify customer requirements and tailor the bid precisely to the customers’ needs resulting in high customer satisfaction and optimum profit.
- Proposed and launched local procurement and production plan leading to a cost reduction of 40% and a lead time reduction of 50%. Worked closely with engineering department in Germany and relevant departments in China to monitor and refine production processes and supply chain to ensure maximum efficiency and “Made in Germany” quality.
- Focused on product innovation by identifying and accessing new product potential and coordinating between German headquarter and key accounts in testing new products. Led the company to develop new business in the railway mechanical components market. This enabled the company to supply highly profitable mechanical parts and therefore increase project margins by 50%.
- Contributed to the company’s sales strategy by proposing and establishing technology transfer plan with Siemens and the Ministry of Railway of China, securing big contracts including the £80m 300km/h high speed train project whilst improving the railway electrical engineering technology in China.
- Led eighteen rail projects including the biggest railway and subway projects in China, Germany, Britain, Singapore, Taiwan, etc. All projects were rated A in all annual audits by key accounts. Continuously increased profitability by designing and optimizing project plan, devising and controlling project risk plan, estimating and controlling budget, and working cross-functionally and across contracts. Delivered all projects on budget and on time reducing inventory requirements and lead times resulting in a cost reduction of 20%.
- Ensured high margin from the very start by effectively negotiating contract terms to the best of the company’s advantage. Settled all commercial disputes concerning extra project costs and accounts receivable with highly satisfactory results for the company using strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Supervised all market research activities and promotions relating to railway sector. Contributed to the company’s global marketing strategy by providing accurate market information and analysis resulting in an annual sales revenue increase of 20%.
Assistant to General Manager
Hoppecke Group Shanghai
- Played a pivotal role in obtaining the long-pending land certificate to establish the Asian production base in China by negotiating with the Chinese government which led to an instant promotion to project manager position within three months.
- Enhanced the company’s public relations by coordinating public affairs and developing key messages with German head office and global braches.
- Provided all-around administrative support to General Manager, including documentation preparation, monthly reports, conference organizations, travel arrangements and other related activities.
- Organized all promotional activities, including introducing and translating product brochures from German headquarter, designing and publishing local product brochures, building official website for Chinese market and advertising.
Zhejiang Radio & TV University: Yuhang College
- Co-designed and presented various professional English training programs for adult students, which led to a 15% increase in the university’s revenue.
- Co-designed and implemented English visual and audio program, which enabled 100% of undergraduate students to progress to the next level by retaining their interest and creating real-world situations to improve their understanding and practice.
- Established the department's co-operation programs with local colleges and universities as well as several foreign universities.
- Assisted in recruitment activities of the English department and supported annual admissions of undergraduate students. Designed and drafted promotional brochures for both the department and the university.