This GWSB MBA Works With Big Data And Artificial Intelligence At Microsoft
Daniel DiRocco sought an MBA in search of new career opportunities. Now, he's working with high technology at Microsoft
posted on: 08/18/2017 | No comment
This MBA’s Big Data Startup Is Helping To Build The Smart Cities Of The Future
Busayo Odunlami co-founded Venture Smarter after an Executive MBA at the George Washington Universit…
posted on: 08/14/2017 | No comment
Top-Ranked German Business School Partners With Hoffenheim Soccer Club
Mannheim Business School and TSG 1899 Hoffenheim’s new partnership highlights trend of b-schools d…
posted on: 07/26/2017 | No comment
Independence Day: Why US Business Schools Still Rock!
For career-driven MBAs, US business schools offer life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness
posted on: 07/04/2017 | No comment
MBA Entrepreneurs: GWSB MBA Launches Human Insights Consultancy
Katie Waterson’s MBA gave her the courage to be an entrepreneur. Her insight and innovation consul…
posted on: 07/03/2017 | No comment
GW MBA Overview
- Strategy Fundamentals
- Micro for Global Economy
- Financial Accounting
- Organizations & Human Capital
- Decision Making & Data Analysis
- Financial Markets
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Global Perspectives
- Business Ethics & Public Policy
- Operations Management
- Consulting Abroad Project (CAP)
- Strategic Formulation & Implementation
- Accounting and Advisory Services
- Global Management
- Government Contracts
- Information Systems Technology Management
- Marketing Communications & Digital Marketing
- Project Management
- Sport Management
- Certificate in Responsible Management
- Certificate in Business Analytics
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management
- Certificate in Walkable Urban Real Estate Development
- Sports Philanthropy Executive Certificate
- Certified Sports Administrator (CSA) Certificate
Program And Course Format
About George Washington University School of Business
By combining business and analytical skills with an ethical focus, we’re educating our MBA students on how to solve business problems that benefit their organizations as well as society.
Our location is not just where we are, it shapes who we are. Our MBA programs are embedded in the center of Washington, D.C., where the private, public, and NGO sectors meet and interact. For our students, it means an extraordinary opportunity to be involved in current international and national debates, engage with prominent global leaders and business executives, and project a clear and informed voice as they move forward in their careers.
Only in Washington, D.C., do so many students, working in so many sectors—federal government, private business, nonprofit, military, international firms—come together and collaborate so well. Our students bring their unique work and life experiences to the table, making for dynamic and diverse teamwork. This is a “who’s-helping-who”—not a “who’s-better-than-who”—learning environment. At GWSB, our MBA programs are designed to meet the needs of today’s students and specialization demanded in today’s job market. Our Global MBA is perfect for students who wish immerse themselves in a full-time, on-campus program where they study alongside and travel abroad with a cohort of peers. Our Professional MBA program gives working professionals the flexibility to complete their degree at an accelerated pace of 21 months or in up to 5 years. Additionally, Professional MBA students can take all of their courses on campus or elect to take some via distance learning in our Online MBA program.
For those interested in an Executive Education experience, the World Executive MBA program prepares high-level working professionals for the demands of the C-Suite, including cyber threats, in a 16-month, weekend-only format.
Explore Our MBA Programs
GWMBA Student Blog
Read the latest news from the GWSB MBA admissions blog. Students at GWSB share their experiences, whether it's about careers, life at GWSB, or the community that makes the school special.
Application Deadlines (2016/2017)
- October 17th, 2016
- January 4th, 2017
- March 13th, 2017
- May 1st, 2017
Discuss why you are interested in pursuing an MBA at this point in your career (250 words), why GW—and the specific program to which you have applied—is the best fit for your MBA experience (250 words), and discuss how you will leverage both your professional and academic experiences thus far to achieve your post-MBA career goals (250 words). Dual/joint degree applicants should answer each topic with your specific degree experience in mind.
Please answer three of the following six discussion questions. For each short answer, respond in a maximum of 100 words.
-GW graduates use business to create positive, sustainable change. I make an impact by…
-The best piece of advice I have ever received is…
-GW students embody a global perspective. During my time as a student,
-I plan to enhance my international outlook by…
-I stand out in GW’s MBA applicant pool because…
-With a location at the heart of Washington, DC, I plan to leverage GW’s strategic location by…
-If I could do it over again, I would take advantage of…
Next Round: 4th, January 2017
- Economist Ranking: 78
- Applicants Per Year: 590
- Applicants admitted percentage: 45
- Class size: 99
- International student percentage: 47
- Female percentage: 40
- Scholarships available: 63% of the global MBA class of 2013 received scholarships
- Course length (months): 21
- Employed Graduates % (after 6 months): 85
- Salary increase percentage: 103
- Average GMAT: 647
- Course Fee: USD 90,000
- Application Deadline: November (December, January, March)
- Accredited: AASCB
- Cost per Application: USD 75
- Average age: 28
- Average years in work: 5 years
Get Free Information About GWSB
Plan Of Study
- Oliver T. Carr, Jr. Scholarship - Endowed for graduate students in the School of Business interested in real estate.
- The Carruthers Family MBA Scholarship - Reserved for full-time Global MBA program at the School of Business.
- Mike Curzan Global MBA Fellowship - Graduate students pursuing an MBA with a preference for a student pursuing real estate or related studies.
- Daewoo Endowment - For master’s and doctoral students who are citizens of Vietnam or China.
- Di Galoma MBA Legacy Fellowship - An MBA scholarship for a student enrolled in the full-time Global MBA program at the School of Business.
- Julius Fleischman Scholarship in Real Estate Studies - For a graduate student interested in real estate studies and its related fields.
- Philip P. Friedlander, Jr. Scholarship in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Studies - For students in the School of Business with concentrations in entrepreneurship and small business studies.
- Leo and Lillian Goodwin Endowment Scholarship - For MBA candidates.
- Hyundai Scholarship Fund - For master’s and doctoral students who are citizens of South Korea or the U.S. and are in Information Systems Management, Management of Science, Technology and Innovation, Procurement and Contracting, and International Business.
- Marvin L. Kay Fellowship - For a graduate student interested in finance.
- Rita H. Keller Scholarship Fund - For graduate students interested in International Business
- Poncelet Scholarship Endowment - For Belgian and EU citizens interested in Accountancy, Finance, Information Systems, International Business, Logistics and Material Management, Marketing and Science, Technology, and Innovation.
- Washington Gas Light Company Scholarship - For MBA candidates
International Scholarships and Fellowships
The GW School of Business is proud to partner with the following organizations to help fund our students’ educations.
- COLFUTURO GW LOAN-SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM - Global MBA applicants who hold Columbian citizenship
- FIDERH/BANCO DE MEXICO SCHOLARSHIP - Global MBA applicants who hold Mexican citizenship
- FUNED FELLOWSHIP - Global MBA applicants who hold Mexican citizenship
- REACHING OUT LGBT MBA FELLOWSHIP
- AMERICORPS SEGAL EDUCATION AWARD PARTNERSHIP
- CITY YEAR NATIONAL SERVICE SCHOLARS PROGRAM
- EDUCATION PIONEERS SCHOLARSHIP
- FORTE FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP (female applicants only)
- NATIONAL BLACK MBA ASSOCIATION – DC CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIP
- NATIONAL SOCIETY OF HISPANIC MBAS SCHOLARSHIP
- PEACE CORPS COVERDELL FELLOWS PROGRAM
- TEACH FOR AMERICA FELLOWSHIP
If you can't find what you're looking for here try using the search box at the top or check out the news section for hundreds of b-school stories.