The University of Chicago Booth News
When I Retire - The Eradication of Retirement
Chicago Booth MBA Joshua Hirschland said he thinks high unemployment and student debt will delay, or even eliminate, retirement.
posted on: 04/10/2013 | No comment
Get Ready For Business School With Free GMAT Prep Camp
The three-day online Prep Camp will help applicants prepare for GMAT and also get expert advice on c…
posted on: 04/04/2013 | No comment
Barclays Investment Bank Snaps Up Chicago Booth MBA
Italian national Nicola Mezzadri tells us how the Chicago Booth MBA has helped him make the switch f…
posted on: 03/15/2013 | No comment
Inside View: Goldman Sachs
MBAs ranked Goldman Sachs as the investment bank they would most like to work for. Find out more abo…
posted on: 03/07/2013 | 1 comment
90’s Rapper Coolio Headlines Private Concert For Chicago Booth MBAs
US rapper Coolio, famous for his hit single Gangsta's Paradise, flies in for Chicago Booth Ski and S…
posted on: 02/19/2013 | 1 comment
On campus, one can certainly feel an increasing calm as the end of the school year approaches but also a palpable air of excitement with the arrival of spring and the various ceremonies to celebrate o…
posted on: 05/20/2013
Photo: Booth staff wear pink for the OUTreach LPF!Pink drinks. Pink cake pops. Pink everything. Attending Booth’s weekly happy hour, LPF, last week, you couldn’t mistake the fact that someth…
posted on: 05/16/2013
Last week marked the end of our Round Three interviews, which means we are moving closer to making decisions for both Round Three and waitlisted candidates. For all candidates, we know that the wait…
posted on: 05/09/2013
The University of Chicago Booth Facts
The University of Chicago Booth Twitter
Follow @Booth_Insider on Twitter
Booth Full-Time MBA in detail...
The Full-Time MBA Program consists of 20 classes plus LEAD:
- Foundation courses (financial accounting, statistics, microeconomics) focus on developing analytical tools and knowledge that support the rest of the curriculum.
- Functions, Management, and Business Environment cover basic business functions (finance, marketing and operations); management (decisions, people and strategy); as well as the business environment in which firms operate.
- Electives cover 14 concentrations, offering you the chance to explore a topic more deeply.
- Effectiveness and Development (LEAD), where you will work on key management skills such as negotiation, team-building, and giving feedback.
While Chicago is known for its academic rigor, we recognize that theory is useless if you can’t put it into action. Through various experiential learning formats, you'll have the chance to test yourself and your ideas in real-world settings. Here are some ways you'll experience learning.
- Lab Courses allow you to participate first-hand in solving business problems by partnering with leading corporations on current challenges they face.
- Competitions put you in the spotlight where you'll be judged by real-world practitioners in a particular business area.
- LEAD helps you develop a deep and accurate view of your strengths and development needs.
About Chicago Booth
A 21-month program with the most flexible curriculum of any business school, the Booth Full- Time MBA is a one of the longest-running elite US business programs and part of one of the greatest research institutions in the world - The University of Chicago.
One of Booth’s strongest competitive advantages as a business school is the breadth of relationships built within the global business community. A leader among business schools in pioneering efforts to expand our network, we bring the best opportunities to Chicago Booth students and alumni. The MBA experience at Booth is described as "intense, exhilarating, and utterly transformative—something students recognize from the moment they step on campus". The MBA helps young leaders to challenge assumptions, analyze everything and "think critically, act decisively and lead with confidence." - Who wouldn't want to be part of this dynamic community?!
It's also a business school that prides itself on diversity: the first university to grant an MBA to a woman; the first university to award an MBA to an African-American student and the first business school to establish a minority scholarship program.
Chicago is one of the world’s largest commercial centers, second only to New York City in corporate headquarters of Fortune 500 companies. You will find one of the world's busiest airports, a rich cultural tradition for jazz, soul and fine art and of course the awesome cityscapes and lake views.
Booth MBA Student Clubs
Chicago Booth admits new students into the Full-Time MBA Program in the autumn quarter only.
- Round 1 - October 2012
- Round 2 - January 2013
- Round 3 - April 2013
For decision deadlines for each of the rounds please refer to the Booth website here.
1. What are your short- and long-term goals, and how will a Chicago Booth MBA help you reach them?
2. a. What has been your biggest challenge, and what have you learned from it?
b. Tell us about something that has fundamentally transformed the way you think.
3. The Chicago experience will take you deeper into issues, force you to challenge assumptions, and broaden your perspective. In a four-slide presentation or an essay of no more than 600 words, broaden our perspective about who you are. Understanding what we currently know about you from the application, what else would you like us to know?
Application - Booth requires that applicants use the online application system
Don't forget to check out the admissions blog here: Booth insider
Get free information about The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
The University of Chicago Booth Members
- FT Ranking: 10
- Economist Ranking: 2
- Applicants Per Year: 4169
- Applicants admitted percentage: 22
- Class size: 1160
- International student percentage: 44
- Female percentage: 35
- Course length (months): 21
- Employed Graduates % (after 3 months): 89
- Salary increase percentage: 109
- Average GMAT: 719
- Course Fee: USD 109,272
- Application Deadline: October (January, April)
- Accredited: AACSB
- Average age: 28
- Average years in work: 5
The Booth Insider is the offical admissions blog for the Full-time MBA
Through the generosity of corporate, individual, alumni, and foundation donors, Chicago Booth is able to provide full and partial tuition awards for exceptional Full-Time MBA students.
- Merit-based Scholarships - Merit-Based Scholarships range from $10,000 to $30,000 per year, and are renewable for the two years that Chicago Booth students are enrolled in the Full-Time MBA program.
- Chicago Booth Fellowships - Choose from a long list of Chicago Booth Fellowships, which offer more than financial assistance & are structured to foster long-term career mentoring relationships with Chicago Booth faculty, alumni, and corporate leaders.
- Corporate Fellowships - Corporate Fellowships, jointly funded by Chicago Booth and specific corporations, are designed to attract talented, diverse candidates who have demonstrated outstanding leadership as well as academic and extracurricular achievements.
If you can't find what you're looking for here try using the search box at the top or check out the news section for hundreds of b-school stories.