Dynamic, goal-oriented and self-driven MBA with more than six years of consulting experience in the banking & financial services industry. Seeking career change in corporate finance advisory to complement his quantitative, interpersonal, and stakeholder management skills. Proven expertise in client relationship management, change management, process improvement and project management.
• Equity valuation of Glencore and ENRC as part of core finance module in MBA. Despite difficulties associated with the valuation of commodity companies, utilized analytical skills to value the companies using normalized earnings and adaptive growth model (DCF, NPV, P/E, EBITDA valuation techniques). Researched the mining industry to analyze the impact of macroeconomic conditions and corporate strategy on the valuation.
• Led a large international team to successfully implement GLOBIS - a project worth more than US$1m for corporate credit card division of American Express, which resulted in a business pipeline of US$4m for IBM.
• Successfully delivered Event Notification Service (ENS) –a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based project for Derivates & Equities desk of UBS IB, which resulted in new business worth £500K for Sapient Corp.
• Awarded for excellent client management, team and leadership skills in two strategically critical projects - CLAIRE (for Global Markets) and NGDR (a book level accounting Information System). Received outstanding client feedback while working on international assignments in the U.K & the U.S.
• Achieved fast track career progression as compared to Industry average. Outstanding academic record, top 5% of the class both in engineering and MBA.
• MBA - Cranfield School of Management- Ranked No.1 in the U.K by Economist. (Sept 2010 – August 2011), GMAT Score: 710
Specialisations: Strategy, Accounting, Finance/M&A (financial modelling), Investment & Risk Management and Entrepreneurship.
• Bachelor of Computer Engineering (Distinction, 2:1) - S.V.N.I.T, India (June 2000 – June 2004).
• PRINCE2, Lean Six Sigma Training in IBM.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
Christian Sulger-Buel: Strategy Consultant – U.K (May 2011 – August 2011)
• Currently engaged in a project to outline the growth strategy of Christian Sulger-Buel, a small executive search firm in wealth management and private banking.
• Performed market research for India, China and European markets to evaluate the feasibility of international expansion. Interviewed employees for better understanding of organizational culture and capabilities.
• Conducted brainstorming sessions with the owner to understand the personal and professional drivers behind the business. Performed financial (key ratios), strategic and business analysis to come up with a well rounded growth strategy for the company.
• Established a detailed roadmap to achieve desired growth in next five years.
IBM (Revenue: US$99.87b): Project Lead/Business Analyst – India, U.S.A (Dec 2007 - Aug 2010).
• Client Relationship, Stakeholder Management: Chaired meetings with Director level stakeholders in American Express. Influenced the client to allocate additional budget for prototype development which helped the users to understand the solution and generated additional business for IBM.
• Business Development: Directed value add initiative to improve quality of processes & identify potential opportunities, the value add initiative delivered $100k worth of benefit to the client in first year. Proactively led a sales initiative for Wachovia account, which helped the IBM sales team to identify business opportunities worth US$15m in Wachovia.
• Business Analysis: Excelled at the role of a business analyst by performing requirement analysis for the solution. Lias with business users in American express to draft the use cases and functional specifications. Managed project scope effectively to meet the deadlines. Helped IT to understand the business requirements and performed post implementation reviews. Co-ordinated test activities across multiple platforms and performed Issue/Risk management at the project level.
• Project Management: Led a large, international team to deliver the project under stringent timelines. Prepared proposals, estimates, test and project plans for the project. Achieved healthy profit margins for IBM by effective planning of project with optimum resources, leading to total cost savings of 30%.
• Process Improvement & Change: Transformed the incentive calculation process of American Express by implementing a technology based solution, which resulted in significant performance improvement (60%) for the client. Delighted the business users by implementing a solution which adhered to their requirements and added value to the process.
• Organizational development: Drove team development initiatives such as training, career counselling and role switching to ensure timely career growth of team members. These initiatives resulted in low attrition rate (6%) within the team as compared to the industry average (25%).
Sapient Corp: Senior Associate (Revenue: US$860m) - India (May 2007 - Dec 2007)
• Process Improvement, Change: Designed a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based solution which improved the performance significantly without changing the core of highly critical trading platform for UBS IB equities and derivatives desk. Performed process analysis to highlight pain areas and suggested improvement on case by case basis. Adapted quickly to new standards such as AGILE project management to successfully deliver the solution, resulting in new business worth £500K.
• Project Management: Collaborated with multiple departments & senior management in the company to set up the UBS offshore account in accordance with the client requirements. Formulated guidelines at account level to ensure quick ramp up of new resources in minimum timeframe, making it one of the fastest growing accounts in Sapient.
Patni Computers (Revenue: US$702m): Senior Software Engineer - India and UK (Aug 2004 - May 2007)
• Business transformation: Performed a major business process reengineering to integrate month end P&L data from various downstream systems and post it to the main SAP ledger for Global Markets, ABN AMRO (UK). The solution cut down the time of P&L reporting from 15 days to 3 days resolving issues of delay in month end reconciliation and financial reporting.
• Project Management: Managed a team of 12 to successfully develop a complex enterprise solution. Demonstrated excellent analytical skills by designing a reusable architecture to cut down the total development time and cost by 40%. As an Onsite Lead in London, worked directly with the client management and business users to ensure the successful launch of the project. Accomplished maximum client satisfaction ratings, which generated new business worth £200K for Patni.
• Change, Process redesign: Initiated a major change programme to formulate a coherent reference data strategy for Global Markets LOB to reduce costs by 30% & improve performance by 40% across various systems and processes.
English (Fluent), Hindi (Native).
• Microsoft Office (2003/2007 Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio)
• MS Project, Rational Portfolio Manager, SDLC – Waterfall & AGILE, UML
• Java, J2EE, IBM Websphere, IBM MQ, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, XML, Spring, Struts, Adobe Flex, Hibernate, Websphere & Tomcat deployment.
• Active member of Entrepreneurship & Consulting club in Cranfield. Reached finals of ‘CleanTech Challenge’ in London Business School.
• Running, Yoga, Cricket and Reading about current affairs.
• Volunteered for teaching blind children. Led carbon footprint and collection campaigns in IBM.
• Interested in learning other languages such as Spanish.