Aston Business School
The Aston MBA is an intensive programme designed for professionals who are ready to take their careers to the next level - a transformational programme for managers who want to accelerate their thinking, career, and potential.
- Aston Business School at Aston University is consistently recognised by the world’s most prominent rankings as being at the forefront of business education.
- Triple accredited - Aston is part of an elite group of Business Schools worldwide with triple accreditation from AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS.
- The Aston MBA is one of the world’s top MBAs (Tier 1) in CEO Magazine Global MBA Ranking 2019.
- The Aston Online MBA is ranked 12th in the world by CEO Magazine and top 20 in the world by QS Distance Online MBA Rankings 2019.
- Business and Management studies at Aston are ranked in the world’s top 100 in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
More than an MBA
The Aston MBA puts business principles into practice. You will learn by putting business principles into practice, solving real-world business challenges. You will engage in live consultancy projects, engaging with high level brands, workshops, speaker sessions, and live projects. Your final module is a flexible self-directed activity which you will negotiate with your programme director.
Assessment: You will be assessed by simulated and live project activity as you demonstrate your innovative and strategic thinking. Your final module is a flexible module with a key leadership focus, negotiated by you.
The Aston Edge: You will develop key professional development skills through The Aston Edge, the Aston personal leadership development programme which runs throughout the MBA.
Networking: A range of events and activities will enable you to grow your networks to build professional business relationships.
Career support: Receive comprehensive career management support from Aston’s dedicated MBA careers consultant.
The Aston MBA programmes:
Part-time Executive MBA
Executive Apprenticeship MBA
Management of Manufacturing MBA
Healthcare management MBA
Find out more about the Aston MBA
- The Aston Full-Time MBA is an intensive 12-month programme that will open your mind to the latest business skills, tools and thinking necessary to become an effective global manager in the 21st Century.
- Intake: October
- Duration: 12 months
- Teaching: 100 hours of learning and 30-40 hours in class per module
- Requirements: Compulsory study week at another top European Business School
- Intake: October and January
- Duration: 27 months
- Modules: Two modules per term followed by a six-month business project
- Teaching: 100 hours of learning per module
- Requirements: Virtual (online) induction.
- Residential: July each year, at Aston in the first year, with a partner institution in the second year.
Aston Business School is an inspirational learning community, with a vision that seeks to develop individual and organisational creative wisdom.
Aston’s vision is to encourage aspiration through inspiration, enabling students to take full control of their future careers. By building and developing leadership skills, Aston’s aim is to shape the most enterprising global leaders of the future.
Aston Business School has an established global reputation for offering a unique educational experience and is among the elite 1% of worldwide business schools with triple accreditation from AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS.
Located in the exciting and cosmopolitan city of Birmingham, Aston provides campus-living in the heart of a vibrant city. Birmingham is a global centre for business, commerce and industry; and home to numerous UK, merchant and overseas banks, over 500 law firms and Europe’s second largest insurance market.
There is only one essay question on the Aston MBA application form:
- Please explain why you wish to join this programme and what benefits you expect to gain. Add any further information which you think is relevant to your application, eg. career aspirations, further description of relevant employment experience. Please continue on a separate page if necessary.
MBA Application form here
- Applicants Per Year: 361
- Applicants Admitted Percentage: 61
- Class Size: 60
- International Student Percentage: 93
- Female Percentage: 30
- Course Length: 12
- Employed Graduates Percentage: 89
- Salary Increase Percentage: 85
- Average Gmat: 620
- Course Fee: USD 36, 670
- Application Deadline: July
- Accredited: AACSBAMBAEQUIS
- Featured Professors: 1575
- Living Expenses: $11,682.84-$12,581.52
- Average Age: 29
- Average Work Years: 7
- Businessweek Ranking: 0
- Economist Ranking: 87
AKA: Aston, ABS
- Full-time MBA program: July
- Part-time: "The deadline for the part-time and online learning routes, the application procedure is ongoing throughout the year"
We offer scholarships to qualifying applicants to help with the cost of tuition fees in the following areas: