The 6 Easiest Countries To Get A Work Visa

Want to start an international career? We list six of the easiest countries to get a work visa after business school

3. Australia

Australia is one of the easiest countries to get a work visa, offering two schemes for international graduates: the Graduate Work Stream and Post-Study Work Stream.

The Graduate Work Stream allows you to stay and work in Australia if you hold a qualification in a sector where there is a skills shortage in the country. For Hong Kong or British National overseas passport holders, the stream allows you to stay for up to five years, but for applicants from other countries it's an 18-month stay. 

The Post-Study Work Stream has fewer requirements, allowing a stay between two and four years depending on the degree you studied. Both visas cost AU$1,680 (around US$1200) and are available to students who hold a degree from a course provider that's registered in the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). 

Read: 9 Of The Best Business Schools In Australia


©MBS Facebook

Alternatively, you might also apply for the Global Talent Independent Program (GTI), a specific work and residence visa for highly-skilled workers who are skilled across 10 sectors. These include AgTech, FinTech, MedTech, Cyber Security, Data Science, and Space and Advanced Manufacturing. 

Candidates need to be endorsed by an Australian national who has a global reputation in the same field, or a globally recognised organization, and must reach a salary of AU$158,500 (US$114,400) to apply. There are 15,000 places available. 

Top Australian business schools include Melbourne Business School and the Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM) at the University of New South Wales Business School in Sydney.

2. Germany 

As part of the European Union, Germany offers a range of lucrative visa options for anyone with strong skills and a good educational background. 

If you're a non-EU citizen, immediately after finishing your last exam you can apply for an 18-month extended residency permit allowing you to stay and work in the country. To be eligible you must have proof from your university that you have completed a degree. 

Successful applicants are permitted to stay in Germany while applying for a residence permit, such as the EU Blue Card Scheme. This offers a residence and work permit to non-EU citizens who have professional experience and an employment contract in the country (with a minimum salary of €53,000 (US$59k) per year), granting working rights equal to nationals and free movement with your card in the Schengen Area.

It is granted for up to four years at a cost of €110 (US$130), and you’re even allowed to stay in a non-EU country for up to 12 months without the residence permit expiring. Two years after receiving your blue card you can apply for a settlement permit. 

 ©dronepicr/Falco Ermert

If you’ve returned back to your home country after your degree but want to seek employment in Germany, another option is the Job Seeker Visa—a Long-Term Residence Permit that allows you to return to Germany for up to six months to look for a job. Another thing to keep in mind is that all visas in Germany come with a price tag of only €75 (US$88)—so your work permit won’t break the bank either. 

Leave a comment.

Please Enter the Code Below